PG 18

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First 2 weeks in IPBA

This is a long article for those who’s interested in life in IPBA and a reference for 2nd intakes and my juniors from end-of-the-world(2012). Lol, sampat. Okay, time for the WH questions.

Where am I?

KaiLan(from the word Taiwan, but sounds like vulgarity ==)

What am I doing here?

Trained to be a teacher. OMG, I still can’t believe it.

What course am I taking?

TESL. (Teaching English as Second Language)

What are the subjects?

Please refer to the next article.

For how many years?

5 and a half years.

Do I like it here?

Pretty much, in fact, super enjoy my life here, for now. Who knows I might get sick of KL after 5 and a half years here. Haha.

Why do you like it so much?

Umm, 100% freedom and independence? Haha, basically because I’m still in Foundation year and workload isn’t burdening yet AND they have a not-standardised basketball court! (the court used to be in the gym, under-roofed, but the gym is closed now for some investigation)


Days of You Zi(游子)

Day 1

First day of orientation week, first day in IPBA. Miserable.

Arrived at KL one day before, but on 20th morning in the hotel, vomitted 7 times in total from 4am until 11am. Too nervous? No way. I's damn excited. Food poisoning? Nope. Then what? Gastric =/ It's my third time having gastric since last year end. (To someone, if you read this please don’t scold me for getting gastric again =_=)

Ladies and gentlemen, adik-adik dan future-juniors, boys and girls, when it's meal time, EAT. At least a cup of milo even if you're not hungry. Having gastric at the age of 16 is not abnormal, but still the case is rare and it shows that you can't take care of your own. Missed all the fun games and interactions between mates and seniors on first day. However, at the same time, i skipped being scolded by seniors.

The committees of Orientation Week Ambilan Jun 2011 gave every new intake a whole piece of biscuit, known as ''amanah'. Some people ate the biscuit and they're punished by hanging a piece of manila card with their names on it around the neck and that they have to put it on until orientation week ends. I was lucky to be absent on the first day and the 'disciplinary master' gave me a bottle of water as my 'amanah'. That's so much easier to keep my 'amanah' in good shape, haha.

Day 2

Woke up at 4.30am for Sesi Moral while Muslims went for Solat Subuh. All the non-Muslims gathered to have games and sharing moments. From there as well, I counted there's a total of 15 Chinese in my batch, 5 guys, out of 141(I think) freshmen. I heard there will be second intake and some of them are from Afghanistan. 0.0 We had 4 meals a day since we paid RM500 for the orientation week. Every night, we had another Sesi Moral before the last activity. According to the timetable given, our last activity should end at 11.30pm but the 'disciplinary master'(why in quotations? because his post is supposed to be Ketua Asrama dan Kediaman) definitely had got something to scold/lecture before allowing us to go back to our dorms. It's around 12am by the time we dismissed. Tired.

Day 3

Same route every morning, woke up around 4.30am for Sesi Moral(roughly count how many hours of sleep we had). This is the most boring day. We had 6 taklimats in a row with 2 breaks in between. Ah, then it's Riadah. It's basically a simple exercise in the field, running, jumping, warming up et cetera. We had Riadah on the second day as well. And again, after the last-but-actually-not-last activity, we had lectures and scoldings from the committees again before we go to.....not bed, but SURAU for sharing moments by the seniors. It's for girls only, the boys went back to their dorms to sleep because they had stayed up all night on day 2 for the same activity while we did it only today. Thank God they didn’t make us stayed up all night, we went back to sleep around 3am. The seniors here are very helpful and they share a lot of useful tips, like transports to shopping malls and food stalls, how much should the charges be because cases of students being scammed by taxi drivers are not uncommon since they’re from all around Malaysia, academic information and… haunted cases. == I hate that.

Day 4

Again, alarm clock woke us up at 4.30am for Sesi Moral. Today, we met our mentor, En. Syed Jaha. He looks fatherly and he’s not old like usually mentors will be. After the very last-but-again-not-last-though-it’s-stated-so-in-the-timetable Majlis Perasmian Penutupan MPPB, the ‘disciplinary master’ started scolding again. He summoned two Malay girls and a Chinese boy up to stage and scolded them in front of everybody. The atmosphere was intense and everyone sat up straight to ponder over the situation. All of a sudden, the lights were turned off, and the committees of Orientation Week/the seniors sang Happy Birthday song together. It happened to be a fraud by the committees, a surprise birthday ‘celebration’ for June babies. Of course, the ‘disciplinary master’ who scolded the most got boo-ed.

Day 5

I forgot what happened. =o

Day 6

SUNWAY PYRAMID!!! First outing in KL. My one-year-elder seniors go out every weekend to buy necessary stuffs and breathe in fresh air out of IPBA, but I think I won’t….$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ T_T Oh, and our Chinese gang(prior notice : we’re not racists :D but we formed an Aunty Club so it’s basically for members only xD) planned to have an outing behind/beside Sunway Pyramid. Know where? Nyahaha, what else, SUNWAY LAGOOOOOOOON.Umm, but I guess it will forever be a planning because we can hardly get holidays where everyone stays in KL and not going back to hometown. =/ However, 5 and a half years is a long long time, I don’t believe we won’t get to go, wheeeee.

Day 7

Umm, this part of memory lost, too.

Day 8

Monday. First day of lesson. Met our lecturers and fished in class due to habit and boring stereotyped introduction of the subjects. Canteen………*unspeakable*, the foods simply don’t suit me, because it’s 95.59% spicy.

Day 9

Tuesday. Confusion of subjects and first day of basketball!!!!

I followed a senior from far because I didn’t know how to go to the basketball court, he was holding a basketball in his arm. After walking around almost half of IPBA, he sat down in front of the library staircase and drank 100plus. == I hid behind a car to wait until he got up and finally head to the court. After 1 minute of waiting, I’s already soaked in sweat, so I walked to him and asked for direction. His expression was like 0-0 this girl was following me, and he pointed a direction. GUAN LAI, the court is just IN FRONT OF the hostel next to mine. zzzzZZZZZ. No wonder he showed a knowing face that I’s following him.*embarrassed*

(p/s: He’s so kind to lend me his basketball and even overnight! His block is just next to mine though. Owh, he’s into hockey and futsal as well. Hmmph, boys.)

Day 10

Wednesday. Skip the boring part in class. 2nd day of basketball!! That senior wasn’t around but I borrowed his ball. There’s 2 Chinese guy and 2 Malay girls, the rest are Malay guys. None of them are of my batch. In fact, I haven’t met anyone from my batch, not even boys, who’s interested in basketball yet. =( Owh, there’s a tall macho look-like-Chinese-but-he’s-actually-Malay guy playing with us. One of the Malay seniors told me he’s a junior lecturer, that explains his figure and imposing manner. He kinda orders people before starting a match, like dividing into groups and allocation of responsibilities. Psst, the game is not entirely following the rules, sometimes we’re allowed to have fouls, and sometimes we’re given penalty.

Day 11

Thursday. 3rd day of basketball. COOOOOOOOL. Why? Because one of them underestimated me, I grabbed his ball and scored. Muahahaha. I just LOVE basketball. Of course, I won’t play if there’s no girl in the match.

Day 12

Friday. Yay, muscle tear. So I skipped the preparation for Larian 1 Malaysia.

Day 13

Saturday. 2.4km Larian 1 Malaysia. I’m the first Chinese girls to reach the finishing line! Overall, including boys, I’m around no.4! Muahahaha. (okay, I know many preferred to walk than run, but I outran some who ran hard lo ><) :P After larian, we had sports in the field. Frisbee, Futsal, Hockey, Badminton, Netball and bola baling(I have no idea what it is, but it looks like the Monkey game we used to play when we’re little.) WTH this institute have basketball court but they don’t have basketball club?! Super duper EMO. I think I’ll choose badminton for koko.

Day 14

Sunday, today. The girls went to Amcorp. YERRRRR, I SHOULD’VE JOINED THEM. BOOKXCESS STOREWIDE 70% DISCOUNT!! Too bad I have to stay in hostel for my bro to send me things from Penang. (Wheeeeeeee! I’m going to have my own basketball in IPBA today! ^v^)


That’s the first two weeks of IPBA life. Overcame homesick and currently enjoying my life here. =D Words from my senior, “Appreciate the leisure time you have in Foundation year, because you’ll yearn for it in Degree.”


Thank you those who missed me and cared for me, love ya’ll and wish ya’ll the best in striving for your goals! Let’s pia together for a better future!! =D


1 comment:

Lonely Snowman