PG 18

Sunday, December 11, 2011

What I Did to My Batik

Each student in IPBA was given a 4-meter long batik cloth to make basically any clothes you want as long as it obeys the rules. SO, I've decided to try on new styles with this piece of cloth.

Initially my idea was to make Baju Kebaya but mum suggested on doing a Cheongsam.
Wow, I've never had a Cheongsam before.
Plus, Cheongsams are expensive, a 3-digit would be normal price.

However, I was stunned by my appearance(vain) when I put on my cousin's Cheongsam.
Damn, her Cheongsam is gorgeous! (@v@)



She introduced us to her tailor and convinced us that we can totally trust her skills
so I gave a thought to making a Cheongsam(exactly like hers) and umm,
a combination of traditional Chinese top and moden traditional Baju Melayu Kedah.
(4 meter is long enough for two piece of clothes unless you're making Baju Kurung)

The latter sounds terrifying but the sample looks pretty good so I thought I would give it a try.
And sure enough, she didn't let me down.

God gracious, the tailor has the hands of a magician and a gift of talent in art!
She's really good at picking up patterns for each part of the clothes and matching with different colour of lining and embroidered buttons.
I just love them!


#Batik Cheongsam#


#Eclectic Batik top#

(please ignore the fatigue face, had only 4 hours of sleep T~T)

After all, I still wish to have a RED Cheongsam.
It's an auspicious colour for Chinese and it looks delighting! =)

Lastly, I don't mind doing free propaganda for the tailor because she is really GOOD.



Address : My Batik Village Enterprise
TS 648, Jalan Ladang, Ladang Chip Joo,
14000 Bukit Mertajam, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia.
Tel : +604 – 5022382

Check out the official website for more detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lonely Snowman